Pages

Resolutions


Wandering close to home, at Powell Butte Park
Also close to home- Sandy River Delta Park, fondly referred to as Thousand Acres

 
I’ve heard a lot of people say that 2016 was a year they could do without. It's been a bad year for many people I know, but I think that’s often the case on a year to year basis. Regardless, years come and go, and hopefully, we grow from them, cliche and irritating as it may be to say. Even pain and loss can be enriching in what they teach us, horrifying as the experience frequently is (been there, done that too). I’ve been absent for a long while, a reflection of much overtime at work and too many hours behind a computer. While not monumental, I learned a lot about myself over the last year, including the importance of focusing on aspects of my life that I love, the people and hobbies that keep me grounded. It’s a lesson that keeps coming back to me over and over and over again.

Never one for New Year’s Resolutions, I simply try to focus on goals as they come, on changes in the pattern of my life. I’m refocusing on me time, as I simply become mentally unhinged without it, and this includes long hours alone in the woods, a place that centers me. It includes writing and volunteering and art and cooking and people. It includes professional goals, but ones that don’t crowd out all the other aspects of my life. If there is something that Spain and old family wounds taught me, it’s work to live, don’t live to work. 

One of several ice storms this winter

Here’s to the beauty of winter, rediscovery, walking, and homecoming. And some highlights from last year that I’m working to catch up on. 

slowly becoming friends

Divide Trail, no views

She's been a challenge, but delightful



my brother and I take the weirdest pictures...

...my niece, on the other hand, is adorable
 
I <3 winter

No comments: