Pages

Just Another Day in Paradise


Mississippi Head (that dark, pointy cliff to the far right) from Paradise. I've been eyeing this route for a while

The drier side of Paradise. I love these wide-open areas

Marut, meet Hood. Hood, meet Marut.

PCT/Timberline Trail

crossing the Zig Zag


what trail dust does to my toes
 
The quarter is over. After two days wrangling with the Chia Pet territory that (previously) was my back yard, I grabbed my friend Marut for a long, leg-stretching hike through Paradise Park.

Stats for the day include one Burgerville breakfast sandwich, thru-hikers, flowers and ice cold creeks, mountain and more mountain, high alpine sunshine, sun block and sweat and dust, more flowers, huckleberries, one bear scat, pinky toe blisters, and ear-to-ear, face-splitting grins.

Roughly 13 miles with off trail meanderings, ~ 2300 feet elevation gain


No comments: